Monday, May 11, 2009

SPACE, do we dare?

iyyar 17,5769 Second day Yom Shaynee

I went and saw the new Star Trek movie and was again thrilled to the bone to see Captain Kirk and Spock going into the unknown where no man has gone before. I, like so many, have always loved the space films and tv shows. When Star Trek came on tv when I was young it was the opening of so many other science fiction tales about outer space and man traveling to other worlds and of course aliens, because we looked at the universe and said, "It is so huge and we are but a tine speck, we can't possible be the only life forms."

I watched today, as I try to always do, the lift off of the Sapce Shuttle. Very exciting. But, I don't have that same wonder in me that we will eventually get to another planet. My faith does not compute with this.

Man loves adventure. We love to explore the unknown..and of course claim it as our own....As we have done so many times in history when 'finding' a 'new' land already inhabited by other humans but this made no difference, those who were exploring were entitled to the land, right?

What does drive man to the extreme of going out into space and exploring completely away from earth? I can't say for sure but I believe that the enemy has given mankind some knowledge and pricked his ear to desire to know more than he should.

In the days of Noah, man was doing things far beyond what he was capable of knowing and doing, according to the sages. And this was not pleasing to God. Should we think that He is pleased with space exploration?

I wonder?

In Jeremiah 31, our Elohim tells us how He is going to give Israel a new covenant....

Jeremiah 31:31-37 (New International Version)

31 "The time is coming," declares the LORD,
"when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.

32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to [a] them, [b] "
declares the LORD.

33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time," declares the LORD.
"I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,"
declares the LORD.
"For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more."

35 This is what the LORD says,
he who appoints the sun
to shine by day,
who decrees the moon and stars
to shine by night,
who stirs up the sea
so that its waves roar—
the LORD Almighty is his name:

36 "Only if these decrees vanish from my sight,"
declares the LORD,
"will the descendants of Israel ever cease
to be a nation before me."

37 This is what the LORD says:
"Only if the heavens above can be measured
and the foundations of the earth below be searched out
will I reject all the descendants of Israel
because of all they have done,"
declares the LORD.


What did He say?
"Only if the heavens above can be measured
and the foundations of the earth below be searched out
will I reject all the descendants of Israel
because of all they have done,"
declares the LORD.


Think on this and ask the LORD for understanding of this.
What do I think?

I think satan does give knowledge and he fashioned this whole space race to give man great knowledge. He has tried to wipe Israel out and so far he has not accomplished it. But being who he is, he always has another plan and what plan? To get man to search the heavens to measure it with great telescopes..to see as far as the end of the universe. To desire to travel in space and be as God..going into the heavens seeing all he can see. And to also go to the depths of the earth and into the deep waters to search it and see what is hidden from him. Man desires to know everything...he desires to be as God because the enemy has always told him.."he is as god".

Satan stepped up knowledge after so many years of darkness and especially after Israel became a nation. Let us beware of him at all times. Let us pray...."COME QUICKLY YESHUA, COME QUICKLY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment