Monday, July 20, 2009

For A Better Life

Tammuz 28,5769 Second Day-Yom Shaynee
Well, again,. I haven't written in a while. I did write another blog the other day but felt the leading not to publish it just yet. ADONAI IS so good!

When I started my journey into the Way of God, I did it without teacher and men of God around me. I didn't know where it was leading me except I KNEW it was ALL from Father. I had been seeking a deep walk with Him all of my life...with some straying of of His path, here and there. But, no matter what I was doing or where I was, I always felt His hand upon me. So, He led me into His Sabbath and His Feasts and Festivals and His Torah. It didn't happen over night...it was a process.

The first Holy Day of Elohim that we observed and celebrated was Shavuot...day of Pentecost for the Christian world. This was before I observed Shabbat or had started studying His Torah. And even though I didn't know how, according to Jewish teachings I listened to ADONAI and did as He said.

I knew enough to bake two loaves of bread to wave before Him. And we did some wonderful praying. He instructed me to bake two chickens..but to leave one covered and take all the meat from the bone of the other. During the meal, everyone kept saying how the chicken tasted like turkey and there was so much meat. That one chicken did not run out ....it seemed to have an unending amount of meat! It fed the whole family and kept feeding till everyone was full and there were leftovers. AND we had not touched the other chicken! I am telling this so you will understand that His Way is the best way.

You can go your whole life in the Christian world, be under a good man of God, praying, worshipping, praising but if you are following the way of man....the way of the pagan church...if you are celebrating a Sunday sabbath, Christmas, Easter, and any of the other myriad of holidays that the way of paganism has laid before those who desire to walk with God, then you need to pray and pray some more and seek God about observing and celebrating His Sabbath and His Holy days and times.

There is coming a day, a time, when He is going to require that His Commands be followed. To have salvation in Yeshua is the begining but He says to study and show yourself approved. Read what He says..read with understanding....Yeshua is Torah....He is the complete Word of God and He came to fill us full of Torah.

I will not say that the road is an easy one to follow. It is hard to give up a whole lifetime of holidays and have to put memories into perspective but when you come into the understanding that all you have been taught since the begining of the Catholic church has been half-truths and lies, then you 'see' the bigger picture.

Yes, the Protestants came away knowing that salvation only comes from our Yeshua haMashiach and there is no Biblical reason for the sacrements and such and Mary is not to be worshipped but so much was retained. Some early Protestants got away completely and did not follow the pagan christmas celebrations and the other pagan aspects of this pretender church but it has sneaked its way back in. There is news of some Protestants who are allowing lent and other days of that church to be in their churches. And some have started following the way of it in belief they can reach God. God will not be mocked.

No one can make you follow the Way of God. This has to be your choice. To make you would be as the Pretender church who persecuted and killed those who did not follow its ways. That is NOT the Way of God. You have free will and He respects it. But, He has set those around and about who will continue to preach about His way...just as Yeshua came and left His Apostles and followers to tell the people there is a better way.

I will tell you I did not give up church all together at first. As I came into His Way and observed and celebrated His Sabbath, I continued going to sunday services,. NOT AS A SABBATH, NOOOO, but as a day to worship which could be any day of the week. He is to be worshipped and praised everyday. My pastor, at the time, was a Godly man who observed Shabbat and did not celebrate the pagan days, although most of his congregation did. He did say as some do, that to observe Christmas and Easter was to do so as a memorial to our LORD. I remember at one Easter, when he said that he looked straight at me as if to get confirmation that it was alright. I had not come completely out of the pagan and was teetering on the fence. Now, I would not even be in a Easter service. So I remember just nodding at him as if to say, yes, it is just a memorial. LORD forgive me for being blinded back then!

I say to you, you can go to sunday services IF you can keep the Sabbath separate from it. And if you can refrain from the pagan holidays that are celebrated in these churches. BUt if the struggle is too much, come out. Come to the Way of God and see that it is good.

I love you and want the best for you and if the LORD had not laid this upon my heart I would not have written it.

The following tips are from a friend and they are marvelous. We can all live by these. And if we begin to incorperate a few into our lives I believe we will reap the benefit.

God Bless YOU!
With love to YOU in and through Yeshua our Savior and soon coming King...His servant, gloria

40 Tips for a Better Life
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today.'
5. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2008.
7. Make time to practice meditation and prayer . They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. GOD heals everything.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often. (Or email them to death!!!) Hey, I'm thinking of ya!
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________.
Today I accomplished _________.
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
40. Please forward this to everyone you care about.

May your troubles be less, May your blessings be more!

No comments:

Post a Comment